Monday, September 22, 2014

What to pack???

First rule: be light! You are going to carry that backpack with you all the time. It's gonna be your home and contain anything you need. However, this doesn't mean it has to weight tons! Plus you might want to leave some extra room for things to buy on the way...

I have a 55 L backpack and this is what I bring with me:

  • 2 shorts
  • 2 long cotton pants
  • 1 black dress 
  • 1 skirt
  • 5 t-shirts
  • 1 sweater
  • flip flops
  • 1 pair of sneakers
  • 4 pairs of socks
  • 2 bras
  • 5 panties
  • tampons (depending on where you go)
  • medicines (antibiotics, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory i.e. ibuprofen, diarrhoea treatment, first aid items i.e. scissors, bandages, gauze, plasters, paracetamol, condoms)
  • microfiber towel
  • earplugs + night mask (super important!)
  • sunscreen 
  • anti-rain cover for my backpack
  • water-proof bag for phone, keys and money in case you are alone on the beach and you want to take a swim without leaving your stuff unattended
  • 2 bikinis
  • 1 sarong
  • nail polish and make up (I know this is not strictly necessary...oh well even if I am backpacking I'm still a girl ;o)
  • insect repellent
  • lenses
  • glasses  
  • 2 pairs of sunglasses (I lost a pair in Cuba and didn't have another one with me, it was horrible as I need them for my sight)
  • smart phone
  • battery chargers (also a portable one)
  • electric plug converter
  • padlocks 
  • dynamo torch
  • day pack
  • an extra-light sheet for bed (mine is made like a sleeping bag, basically you sneak in it in case your hostel has dirty sheets. It's in silk and it only weights 145 grams :o)
I think that's all. My backpack is not full yet :o)

Safe trips.

Love, Gaia

No comments:

Post a Comment